We have spent a significant amount of time, effort and expenditure implementing ‘Covid safe’ procedures.
We now need you, our members, to play your part for everyone’s safety.
Please understand that these have been very difficult decisions and we have no desire upset anybody, we’ve only used bold text and capitals (no, we’re not shouting!) to be clear and concise in our messaging. We recognise that not permitting entry will cause distress, and the very last thing we want to do is turn anybody away, but we must operate safely.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE WAIT WITH YOUR CHILD.
CLASS TIMINGS – LATENESS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED
- To keep everybody safe, where gymnasts are not present 5 minutes before their specified class time (session ready, i.e. in their gym clothes, hair up, jewelry off) at the designated drop off location, gymnasts WILL NOT be permitted to participate in their class. The class register, Covid19 screening questions and temperature must be completed by the class coach before leaving the drop off location.
- With staggered class start and end times, and multiple change overs per hour, if we are not able to maintain our schedule it puts our entire ability to operate safely at risk.
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow any exceptions to this and no refunds will be given.
PARENT/GUARDIAN PRESENCE REQUIRED AT DROP OFF POINT
- To avoid congestion and close contact, parents will not be permitted past the turnstiles in the leisure centre and gymnasts will be collected and returned to parents at specific drop-off and collection points with very accurate timing.
- For all gymnasts a parent/guardian MUST accompany and REMAIN WITH the child at the drop off point until the class register, Covid19 screening questions and temperature checks have been completed by the coach, you can no longer ‘drop and dash’.
- We will be taking temperatures prior to leaving the collection point and where a gymnast shows an increased temperature reading, they will not be allowed to accompany the coach to the gym – members showing symptoms will be expected to leave the premises immediately and follow government guidelines with regards to self-isolation.
- We cannot allow a gymnast with a temperature into the gym as this would put everybody at risk, even for ‘holding purposes’, therefore it is vital guardians remain with members until the screening process is completed. We do not have staff available to wait with the child, as they will be either coaching or cleaning.
- We cannot ask a member of staff to wait with the gymnast as it puts their safety at risk and breaches our safeguarding policy.
- We cannot allow a child to remain at the drop off point alone for safeguarding reasons.
- A child alone with a temperature is a nightmare scenario for us and for the above reasons it puts everybody at risk, if this happens we will have no other option than to end your child’s membership.
- Where gymnasts are 13 and above, they may already be used to travelling alone to the gym either on foot or via public transport. Where this is the case parents WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN a waiver in advance agreeing to their child being turned away in the event they have a temperature, and the child will be required to immediately leave the premises (unaccompanied) and make their own way home.
PARENT/GUARDIAN PRESENCE REQUIRED AT COLLECTION POINT
- Where parents/guardians are not present to collect their gymnasts at the designated collection point and time, the gymnast will be taken back to a ‘holding area’ within the facility, where they will be safe and able to maintain social distancing.
- The club telephone number will be displayed at the collection point. Parents/guardians will be required to ring this number to notify a staff member they have arrived, and only when we have a free resource available will the gymnast be escorted back to the collection point; this is likely to be at least 15 minutes – Parents/Guardians ARE NOT permitted down to the gym if they have missed the collection time slot.
- We appreciate that sometimes people can be slightly late collecting their child, however,this will cause us massive disruption, and therefore we will be monitoring late collections. If this happens on more than one occasion, we will contact parents directly to discuss an appropriate solution, and where this can’t be resolved we may end your membership if a child continues to be collected late.