Wow, what a week that was!
Actually, I’m grateful that the Government has intervened and asked gyms to close as this was clearly causing mixed feelings, and at least now that part of the uncertainty is over.
The act of moving personal stuff from the gym into the office yesterday evening brought reality home, and seeing the gym empty and quiet at the end of the evening certainly caused a few ‘eye leaks’.
As I’ve talked to parents, and read emails of support over the past week, it reinforced to me that Arabian is so much more than a Gymnastics club, it’s a community and a family, and it has been for over 20 years.
I know, without a shadow of doubt, that we will all pull together and do our best to get through this. Some parents have already said they’ll organise sponsored events for us and alongside the staff, the trustees are absolutely determined to do whatever is necessary to ensure the club continues.
Thank you so much for all your messages of support over the last week, although we haven’t been able to reply to them all, they have all been very welcome.
We hope you all continue to stay safe.
on behalf of all of us at Team Arabian
I would also like to provide some clarity on our fees now we are closed:
As with most gyms, but especially so as a non-profit charity, we depend almost entirely on income from our members to continue. The situation for Arabian is critical and we do need to sustain some income through this period of uncertainty to give us every chance of coming out the other end. Naturally we would appreciate it if you’re able to maintain your payments, but we know it’s a tough and uncertain time for all and perfectly understand if this isn’t possible.
In order to make things clear…
- Our fee structure moving forward is very simple, continue to pay each month as much or as little as you can afford.
- If you are able to continue with your fees, even at a reduced amount, then this will certainly help us. We appreciate that circumstances are individual and will let you decide.
- If you aren’t able or decide to put your monthly fees on hold then that is fine too, please just pause or cancel your standing order. As soon as the club reopens these can then be restarted.
- Depending on how long the club has to remain shut, we understand that this decision may change from month to month.
- Whatever your decision, if you haven’t acted already, please do so over the next few days as Standing Orders come out at the start of the month. As monthly fees are collected automatically by Standing Order, we are not able to cancel or amend the amount, you will need to do this.
- Processing refunds takes time and effort which we’d like to spend fundraising, investigating and producing live videos and online learning material. We’d like to assume that whatever decision you make is the correct one and want to minimise or hopefully eliminate refunding any funds received on of after the 1st April unless under exceptional circumstances.